The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clipping Stopped Working [SOLVED: Bug in Safari 4; get most recent browser rel.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Whenever I try to create a task via Hotkey from Mail.app I get the following error:

Errors returned from handler <ScriptHandler:0x79b330 com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.ScriptHandler.Mail_Leopard NSBundle </Applications/OmniFocus.app/Contents/PlugIns/BuiltInClippingHandlers.plugin> (not yet loaded)>: {
NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = OmniFocus;
NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "\U201eparagraph 1 of note of inbox task id \"jPvAp3DsCwD\" of quick entry of document id \"du-FY9u_J2m\"\U201c kann nicht gelesen werden. Ung\U00fcltiger Index.";
NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "\U201eparagraph 1 of note of inbox task id \"jPvAp3DsCwD\" of quick entry of document id \"du-FY9u_J2m\"\U201c kann nicht gelesen werden. Ung\U00fcltiger Index.";
NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -1719;
NSAppleScriptErrorRange = NSRange: {1889, 69};
}

Mails without attachments do not produce any problems.

Just to be clear:
I do not need the attachment of the mail as attachment of the OF task. The only thing I need is a link to the corresponding E-Mail.

Anyone any idea?

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Are you running Safari 4? It breaks mail clipping.
Is there anything one could do about it? Is there a workaround (except uninstalling Safari)?

It certainly seems to have fixed the mail rule and clipping for me...

There are reports that the just-released Safari 4 beta fixes the issue.

Yep, yesterday's Safari update fixes the problem. Re-titling the thread. Thanks all!

Ummm... Strange. It still doesn't work with Safari 4.0 Beta 5528.17.
My OF version is 1.6.1/GM-v77.16.6/112316, and the environment is clear, wind, SE at 0 km/h, and humidity 74%

Could you perhaps describe what it is you are doing, and what happens, in some detail? Maybe you are encountering a different problem. Has clipping ever worked for you?

Yes, working for me. So happy. I have missed this feature , but didn't want to go back to Safari 3 quite yet. Glad I waited it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiichi View Post
Ummm... Strange. It still doesn't work with Safari 4.0 Beta 5528.17.
My OF version is 1.6.1/GM-v77.16.6/112316, and the environment is clear, wind, SE at 0 km/h, and humidity 74%
I was having the same issue as you eiichi. However, since others were reporting it fixed I went ahead and restarted the machine. Now all is well. I'm pretty sure you need to make sure you're sending plain text emails if you're using the mail rule.

Thank you whpalmer4, shrop and Dean for your kindness!

At the end of the day, I've found that the culprit was Safari for Windows 4.0 (528.16) on my BootCamp partition! I uninstalled it and now I'm happy ;)

I don't know how come they could interact through VMware Fusion.app ver.2.0.4, anyway, Safari/Win 4.0 seems to do something mischievous (regardless of Fusion is on/off).

Best.
--
Hardware Overview:
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac9,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: IM91.008D.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.37f3

System Software Overview:
System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.7 (9J61)
Kernel Version: Darwin 9.7.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh_HD
Boot Mode: Normal

OmniFocus:
Version: 1.6.1
Kind: Universal
Get Info String: OmniFocus 1.6.1, version 77.16.6.0.112316

Safari:
Version: 4 Public Beta (5528.17)
Kind: Universal
Get Info String: 4 Public Beta, Copyright © 2003-2009 Apple Inc.

VMware Fusion:
Version: 2.0.4
Kind: Intel

Windows OS:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Buid 2600

Last edited by eiichi; 2009-05-25 at 05:32 AM..