The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Things user wants to move to OmniFocus but struggles with single contexts. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been trying folders as well, and it works for organizing the higher level planning, but it's not as effective for me in getting to the data I need. I think what most of the tag / people contexts are asking for is a dynamic way to get to a list of actions given a different environments.

If I'm not ready to focus on a large task or don't have time before the next meeting, maybe I want to pull up my @email list and get going. At the same time my boss or direct report may drop by my cube. It is entirely possible that something in the @email list is for them, and I may be able to get rid of it right there, but I would have to search through the list.

Having either a tag or second context for people would allow me to quickly pull up my list. Asking them to hang on a minute while I try to figure out what I have for them is just less efficient. Sure, it can be done, but it doesn't support the fast and flexible nature of software over paper lists or using something like a text file.

I've been using OF on Mac, iPhone, and iPad and could not live without it at this point. But I think this is minor functionality that could make it much better. I would also support the ability to hide tags / second contexts for those purists in this thread that don't find it useful. Again, it's software, that's an easy compromise that would make both groups happy and productive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
The Omni Group themselves have been instrumental in fostering this kind of community. They've repeatedly demonstrated a sincere interest in their customers. They want you to buy their apps, of course, but even more important than that is that you're satisfied, even if that means refunding your money and seeing you switch to a competitor's product. It's got to be some of the best customer service in the industry.

-Dennis
I whole heartedly agree!