The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Connecting words Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to connect words with lines together.

Basically, the text is in text boxes, and lines goes from one text box to another, but I want the lines to point to a specific word in each text box, not just connect to the text box.

I tried to add a magnet next to the word I want to connect to in omnigraffle, but everytime the text is modified, I have to move the magnet too, which is kind of cumbersome.

Does anybody knows how to do this? If omnigraffle isn't appropriate for this and if you know a software which would better fit, I'd like to hear too.

Greetings,

This isn't something that you can do currently in OmniGraffle, however we do have an existing feature request for sticking magnets onto a specific bit of text, and I've linked this thread in the entry we have for this feature.

Dunno offhand if there's another application that does this sort of thing.