The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus and OmniOutliner Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Am I missing something about smart copy and paste between OF and OO?

Curt Clifton has scripts on his website that he doesn't use any more because they have been ". . . superceded by smart copy-and-paste between OmniFocus and OmniOutliner"

Does anyone use copy/paste to get information back and forth between these two applications? Is there a trick?

I sitll use Curt's scripts

I've never done it but just tried it for the sake of seeing how it works. If you copy and paste rows from OmniOutliner to the main window of OmniFocus, it will prompt you for what you would like each column of the OmniOutliner document to represent (title, metadata, context, etc.).

This script export from OF to OO, and includes the columns (Start, Due, Flagged etc.)

OF2OO

There was a bug with a build of Outliner that broke the copy/paste, but I think the latest release addressed that.

Hey Lizard,
What is the expected behavior of copy/paste from OF to OO? Currently, copy and paste goes into one cell with a linkback to OF. Kind of cool.

Ideally, I would copy and paste into multi-rows and have start/due/flagged, etc.

Rob, I'll try the script. Thanks!

Steve

Pastes into OO depend on the mode OO is in. If you are in selection mode, then you get multiple rows. If you are in editing mode (i.e., you have a blinking typing cursor), then you get all the items pasted into a single row.

Unfortunately, it appears that pasting a project doesn't preserve structure. All the items that were structured become a flat list.

Curt