The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TabExposé Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Make a TabExposé function like in Shiira, or like the foXpose Firefox extension.

Maybe it is possible to integer this for OW 5.6

It works with Safari. Maybe it is also possible to take the one from Shiira, since it is open source and uses WebKit too ?

http://www.cocoamug.com/tabexpose/index.html

http://www.cocoamug.com/tabexpose/tabexpose.mp4

Don't we already have this function as graphical tabs? One can also create new windows instead of tabs and use systems built in "Application Windows" Expose function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilgaz
Don't we already have this function as graphical tabs? One can also create new windows instead of tabs and use systems built in "Application Windows" Expose function.
I never use graphical tabs, finding them to be too small. What's nice about Tab Exposé is you can get a much clearer picture of what is on a particular page. Although not necessary, for me this would be most welcome on future versions of OW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiyi666@yahoo.com
I never use graphical tabs, finding them to be too small.
You can change the size of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
You can change the size of them.
Aha. Thanks Forrest. But on a MacBook still too small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiyi666@yahoo.com
Aha. Thanks Forrest. But on a MacBook still too small.
I just tried, they go up to about 470x350... that's too small?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
I just tried, they go up to about 470x350... that's too small?
Max size may not be too small but is, for my use of OW, not a practical solution either. For me the point of being able to use graphic tabs is to discern written content on a given web page. When I get the tabs large enough to do so per your suggestion, OW runs out of real estate. In addition, I prefer to use list view for tabs. Tab exposé would allow users to use list view and preview web pages (if not too many tabs were open, of course).

I see what you're saying.