The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to quick delete all of the done-tasks? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How can i do it without Mac?

Last edited by flyingoff; 2011-06-24 at 10:02 PM..

+1 on this question.

Not only deleting, but how to archive completed projects and be able to get them off the iPad while still being able to get back to them.

I'm a new enough user that I may find out sometime. Since I don't have a Mac and it it unlikely that my employer will ever consider buying me one, the iPad will always be my principal use of OF

You need to email the Ninjas and request the ability to bulk delete completed tasks and / or projects as this will not be picked up in the Forums. I've made the request previously as I'm up to over 5000 tasks and it's slowing the iPad app.

Tedallen. I can't see a way to archive projects off the iPad while being able to get them back if required. Maybe log a separate query with the Ninjas outline your expected behavior.

The getting the removed/archived projects back is more a matter of just being able to track what I've done. Probably the project level is, in most cases, what's important. Being able to recover and review the individual tasks is probably not terribly important.

One of the things that I've just done is set up a Goals & Development Project. Within it is a repeating action to review and document my accomplishments. That may well turn out to be a better solution anyway. Documenting my accomplishments has always been one of those "I gotta do that when I get time..." things that practically never happens except trying to remember at year end.

someone help me. how can i do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedallen View Post
The getting the removed/archived projects back is more a matter of just being able to track what I've done. Probably the project level is, in most cases, what's important. Being able to recover and review the individual tasks is probably not terribly important.

One of the things that I've just done is set up a Goals & Development Project. Within it is a repeating action to review and document my accomplishments. That may well turn out to be a better solution anyway. Documenting my accomplishments has always been one of those "I gotta do that when I get time..." things that practically never happens except trying to remember at year end.
I actually mirror my project/subproject structure using mindmapping (also on my iPad). When I complete a project, I move it in my mindmap to a "completed" branch. I use Ithoughts HD - a bit steep in price, but saves a lot of time through it's extremely easy to use interface - use it every day. very easy to move branches of info around. I start with my areas of accountability as the first level and then move into projects..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsis View Post
I actually mirror my project/subproject structure using mindmapping (also on my iPad). When I complete a project, I move it in my mindmap to a "completed" branch. I use Ithoughts HD - a bit steep in price, but saves a lot of time through it's extremely easy to use interface - use it every day. very easy to move branches of info around. I start with my areas of accountability as the first level and then move into projects..
Sounds interesting. I changed jobs in March and one of the things that I'm finding is that it gives me an opportunity, like with this, to rethink how I do things

Quote:
Originally Posted by discount1 View Post
someone help me. how can i do it?
At this point, on the iPad, it is a manual process item by item or project by project, Unless you buy the mac App.

There is a feature request in with the Ninjas to be able to archive completed projects and actions natively on the iPad, but please add your vote to this as the more people who ask for a feature, the more likely it is to be actioned.