The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

new version (1.0.3) crashy? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I installed v. 1.0.3 today and now OF won't open without eating all my ram. Anyone else having problems? (Sent to support, as well.)

If you can start up okay, you might try using the menu option - File > Rebuild Database... and see if that helps.

nope, can't start....

What happens exactly when you launch? OmniFocus crashes? Hangs?

hangs. I don't see anything other than the doc icon appearing, but watching activity monitor, I see it appear, then crawl its way up to the top of the list (which I have sorted by Real Memory). I've been killing the process at around 375 MB, but it shows no sign of stopping....

I'd Suggest sending a sample into our support ninjas of the launch process and that should help them track the issue down.

You can capture a sample via activity monitor by selecting OmniFocus in the list and then in the view menu choose "Sample Process", just copy the contents of the new window into a text document and send it over to our ninjas (you can reply to the auto-reply we sent you).

However! A couple things you might try to fix the problem, I can't be sure these will help but they may....

Remove your caches folder found here:

~/Library/Caches/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus/
(Where ~ is your home folder)

Replace your current database with a backup (though keep in mind any changes you've made since the last backup will be lost).

Your backups are by default stored here:

~/Documents/OmniFocus Backups/

Your database by default is stored here:

~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus

reverting to a backup seemed to do it, thanks!