The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > Omni Frameworks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Proper way of implementing writePreviewsForDocument:error Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi again -

In my custom OUIDocument subclass I override writePreviews with the following implementation:

1) create my images. both landscape and portrait
2) cache them like this:
Code:
[OUIDocumentPreview cachePreviewImages:^(OUIDocumentPreviewCacheImage cacheImage){
        cacheImage(landscapeImage, [OUIDocumentPreview fileURLForPreviewOfFileURL:fileURL date:date withLandscape:YES]);
        cacheImage(portraitImage, [OUIDocumentPreview fileURLForPreviewOfFileURL:fileURL date:date withLandscape:NO]);
    }];
3) actually write out the previous to disk like this:
Code:
    NSData *imageData = UIImageJPEGRepresentation([UIImage imageWithCGImage:landscapeImage], 1.0);
    [imageData writeToURL:[OUIDocumentPreview fileURLForPreviewOfFileURL:fileURL date:date withLandscape:YES] options:0 error:outError];

imageData = UIImageJPEGRepresentation([UIImage imageWithCGImage:portraitImage], 1.0);
    [imageData writeToURL:[OUIDocumentPreview fileURLForPreviewOfFileURL:fileURL date:date withLandscape:NO] options:0 error:outError];
Seems to work but is this the proper way of implementing this method?

Thanks in advance