As automatic-layout moves of bezier-connected (or curve-connected) shapes can clearly engender unwanted mid-points
(especially when the gap between rows is relatively small), in ver 0.143 I have added an rm
(remove midpoints) command.
Thanks to Simon Knight for drawing my attention to this issue, which brings my current shopping list of bugs (in OG's built-in automatic layout) to five:
- Specified rank separations inconsistently applied,
- specified object separations inconsistently applied,
- ambiguities introduced by overlapping orthogonal connectors,
- spurious asymmetries introduced into symmetric outlines,
- and spurious mid-points introduced into bezier connectors.
At least 2 of these are secondary consequences of Graphviz's inability to centre parents over their child ranges.