The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Upgrade to pro now, or wait Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am a happy omnigraffle 4 user, but have recently started using the 5 pro beta. I really like its ability to read and export visio files. So I am considering
an upgrade to 5 pro when it gets released.

In the forums I see a remark by Andrew from Omni:
------
Note that the price of OmniGraffle 5 is going to be higher than the current price of OmniGraffle 4. However, if you purchase now you will get a free upgrade to version 5 when it is released.

-andrew

------

Am I correct in reading that I should upgrade to 4 Pro now, and will get an upgrade to 5 pro for free?

Marc

Last edited by oblomow; 2007-12-20 at 03:14 AM..
 
Yes thats how I read that as well, I recently bought ver 4 pro as well and wonder if I also would qualify for ver 5,.. from the quoted post it implies that buy 4 pro now at current price and get free upgrade to to 5 when it's released.

Robert
 
No comments from an Omni representative?

[Waving] Joel!!

Last edited by oblomow; 2007-12-20 at 03:18 AM..
 
Anyone??? The money is burning a hole in my pocket.... :)
 
Correct. Purchase OmniGraffle 4 now and receive a free upgrade to version 5 when we start selling it.
__________________
"Vroom! Vroom!!"
 
Thanks, ordered the upgrade and downloading right now.
Can't wait for the GA version 5 though. My colleagues finally want to talk
(and cooperate) with me. Great job :)
 
I bought 2008/02/08 the set of OmniGraffle4Pro and OmniOutliner3Pro from act2.
The license has been registered to the Omni Co..
Can I do a free up-grade to OmniGraffle5Pro?
 
Upgrading now (if still possible; it's getting close) seems to be the way to go. However, I already own the Pro version, and I asked this a while back but no one responded. Let me try again:
With the free upgrade to 5Pro if I upgrade to 4Pro now, it seems like I would be better off if I only owned 4 (Not Pro), since I could actually upgrade it. However, since I already own 4Pro, it seems like I'm stuck, or can I upgrade to 4Pro again to get the best price on 5Pro? Thanks.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Correct. Purchase OmniGraffle 4 now and receive a free upgrade to version 5 when we start selling it.
OG5 is officially out! Hurray!
Where and how do I get my upgrade?

Marc
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblomow View Post
OG5 is officially out! Hurray!
Where and how do I get my upgrade?
You can download the upgraded software now and start using it (under its built-in two-week trial license), and we'll email you your updated license code by Friday. (We're already sending them out, but there are a lot to send!)
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should I wait for the version 2.0? dave_oc OmniFocus 1 for Mac 4 2012-06-27 07:55 AM
should i wait ? is it the right software ? raphael OmniOutliner 3 for Mac 2 2011-01-06 10:34 PM
Project: on hold/wait vs. Context: wait malisa OmniFocus 1 for Mac 7 2008-09-07 10:34 AM
Wait times Speireag OmniPlan General 2 2008-06-04 05:26 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.