The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Mass" import for OmniFocus on the iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have an iPod Touch, and it is the ONLY place I use OmniFocus. I have been creating text documents (either via typing on my desktop PC, or Dragon Dictation on the Touch), where each line is a new to-do that I want as an action in OmniFocus on the Touch. However, it is quite-the-pain to manually copy and paste each item into OmniFocus. I'm talking like 50+ to-dos.

I created the following webpage which is a pretty satisfactory solution for me. It takes advantage of the OmniFocus Safari "bookmarklet". Necessity is the mother of invention.

I hope some of you out there may find this useful. Please let me know of any problems, comments, or suggestions. It would be appreciated.

http://iphoneofimport.jeffyepstein.com

I realized it had some serious problems which have been fixed. Please give it another try if it didn't work out the first time.

However, I am having a VERY inconsistent issue with double-encoding ("%5D" showing up in the to-do instead of a space). I cannot for the life of me pin it down. Luckily it seems to be happening less. (If your to-do ends up having %5D-s instead of spaces, just cancel when in OmniFocus. No harm if you don't, just delete it.)

Anyone with experience with JavaScript, PHP, and iPhone/Safari web programming that has any advice...it would be greatly greatly appreciated.

If it works for you, it works very well. It's helped me greatly.