The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Custom Columns? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Maybe I'm missing something, but is there a way to create custom columns that can be exported with the rest of the info to HTML?

I'm currently doing this with FastTrack, but the output isn't very fancy, and I have to control it with CSS.

If anyone has any suggestions, please reply!

Thanks in advance!

Step 1: create custom data columns in the task inspector.
Step 2: File > Customize HTML Templates...
Step 3: Go find that folder of html and css files you just created and edit it to include the columns you added in step one.
Step 4: Export your project to HTML and choose your custom template.

The "Customizing HTML Templates" section of the OmniPlan Help covers this in more detail, but basically you'll want to add a table cell that includes a token representing your custom data. For example, if the custom data field was called "Manager", the token you'd add to the HTML template would be "{@Manager@}".

Should this work at the PROJECT level also as well as the Task Level? I want the HTML header to use MY End Date, so I created a custom data line called MYEND and set it to a date.

I created a template uses {@MYDATE@} instead of {@ENDDATE@} but I just get nothing.

Sorry, the custom fields can only be included for tasks and resources right now. We have an open feature request for adding project custom data fields.