The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can we get autosyncing (to iCal) on Omnifocus for Mac? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Very interested in this feature as I just not too long ago realized the software does not do this automatically. Is this on the roadmap anywhere? Or am I missing something.

GREAT software otherwise. - Fritz (former Toodledo, RTM and most recently Things user)

Fritz -- you can sync a context to an iCal calendar. If you want to replicate Things' Today feature syncing to iCal, you need to send Omni an email to implement Sync Flagged -- they don't go beyond a context, so you'd have to move actions to a "today" context and lose the real one to achieve that. But it should auto sync both ways for a context.

The piece of OS X which we use to sync with iCal is attempting to do a complex job, and sometimes... unintended things... happen to your data.

To be clear, I'm not talking about a bug in OmniFocus here. We can fix those on our end. There are whole portions of the process that are outside of our control - Sync Services, iCal, some other application which is also syncing...

In any case, OmniFocus' iCal sync is manual so the user can be on-guard for those sorts of changes to their data. They know when the sync happened and can check to make sure that everything went as expected.