The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Date questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
A couple of questions to get people's feedback on.

1) I'm looking at repeating items, and I have a start date, no due date, and an interval of 3 months from the completion date. When I complete a date, it schedules the next instance with a due date of 3 months from the completion date and a start date 12 days earlier. It seems to me that if the original instance didn't have a due date, future instances shouldn't either. Is there value in the way it's set up that I'm missing.

2) I have a task with several parallel actions, but they each have a separate start date. If there's a way to sort by the start date in the main window, I didn't see it. I moved start date and due date to the column headings and expected to sort on them when I clicked on them, but what it does is give me the ability to change the label headings.

chuck

Last edited by chuckbo; 2007-06-10 at 05:44 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbo
1) I'm looking at repeating items, and I have a start date, no due date, and an interval of 3 months from the completion date. When I complete a date, it schedules the next instance with a due date of 3 months from the completion date and a start date 12 days earlier. It seems to me that if the original instance didn't have a due date, future instances shouldn't either. Is there value in the way it's set up that I'm missing.
Exactly, I have the same needs. Can repeating actions be made to copy the task exactly? If the original task has a start date but no due date, can the repeated task have the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbo
2) I have a task with several parallel actions, but they each have a separate start date. If there's a way to sort by the start date in the main window, I didn't see it. I moved start date and due date to the column headings and expected to sort on them when I clicked on them, but what it does is give me the ability to change the label headings.
Did you turn on the filters? You can sort or group by start date faily easily using the filters.