The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iCal Sync Creates duplicate taks when syncing a completed task Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I don't have anything else interacting with tasks - just OF and iCal. When I complete a task in OF and hit ical sync, it'll duplicate the task in OF and change the context to Errands. It will delete it from iCal though. If I hit sync again, it'll sync the duplicated task to iCal.

I can only remember encountering this problem when some other application was syncing with iCal, or when OmniFocus was being synced with iCal on multiple Macs. (vs. syncing OmniFocus with iCal on one Mac, then letting MobileMe sync carry those calendar events to the other Macs.)

That said, if you email our support ninjas, we'll be happy to investigate what's going on here with you. Sorry for the trouble!

Thanks for responding. I'm not using MobileMe, so that's not the issue. It seems to really want things to be in the Errands context - all the dup. tasks are always Errands.

I e-mailed the support team, hopefully something works out.