The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Switch Button Broken in Rev 95721? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have the Switch button (Show current selection in Project/Context mode) added to my toolbar but it doesn't seem to be working. When I click it, nothing seems to happen. Then I got to the other mode and it looks like my filters have changed, but that's it.

Anybody else seeing this in rev 95721?

It's broken in 95718 as well. When I try in planning mode, I get a kind of blink in the sidebar, but nought else. In context mode, nothing happens at all.

Does the switch button work for anyone?

I know you canc cmd-1 and cmd-2, but I like the button, unless it doesn't work and should be removed from the tool bar

6125 and the button is working for me.

Revision: 96132

intel imac
osx 10.5.1

and it hasn't worked for me in about two weeks and every build since

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarymonkey27 View Post
Revision: 96132

intel imac
osx 10.5.1

and it hasn't worked for me in about two weeks and every build since
96137 + intel MacBookPro + 10.5.1 and it works for me (always has).

I think there's some confusion. Cmd-1 and Cmd-2 change between Context and Planning modes. The Switch button switches to the other view [I]with the currently selected action selected in the new view[I]. The Switch button is not part of the default toolbar, but you can add it by Customizing the toolbar.

Curt

Mr. Cliifton

Not sure I understand your point

are you saying that cmd-1 only takes you to Planning
and cmd-2 only takes you to context, but
the switch button is suppose to take you back and forth?

oddy, I did a cmd-1 and cmd-2 and the switch button worked for a little bit, now it isn't working

kind of odd behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarymonkey27 View Post
are you saying that cmd-1 only takes you to Planning
and cmd-2 only takes you to context, but
the switch button is suppose to take you back and forth?
No, he's saying that "switch" is an operation done on the selected action(s). If you don't have a selected action or actions, switch isn't supposed to do anything.

It might more accurately be called "Select in Other Mode" or "Find in Other Mode".

I do see a small bug here. You can multi-select actions, even from different projects, and switch does the right thing. If you select nothing, switch is properly disabled. But if you select a project grouping (in context mode when grouped by project), the switch button is enabled but just beeps when you press it. That's an inconsistency -- it should either be disabled or work -- but that's minor, IMO.

Last edited by davisre; 2007-12-16 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: clarity

how do you set multiple actions

I would like to have something be two things after the first action

Buy gift..............pines
pack gift............packing

should those two be sub groups or can I say

buy gift..............pines/packing

----
I am a little dense in understanding the switch button..thanks for your patience