The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Any way to see the notes on a project? [Answered: Yes] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just bought OF for iPhone and managed to sync with my Mac, not without trouble (another story).

Is there any way to see notes for a project on the iPhone? Notes show for tasks no problem, but not for projects.

I have been using the note functionality for projects and tasks as a kind of diary related to the project or task -- recording what happens with the project, meeting mini-minutes etc. Most of them are attached to projects, not to tasks. It's a bummer no to be able to see them.

As I can't offer any direct help with your sync problem (other than to suggest that you immediately contact the support ninjas via Help->Send Feedback, or 1-800-315-OMNI during business hours on the west coast), I'm happy that I can help you out with this :-)

To see a project's notes on the iPhone/iPod touch, go to the enclosing level in the hierarchy (so you can see the project's name) and then tap the edit button in the upper right hand corner. At this point, you can tap the project's name and you'll see the notes

That answer is what I really needed though, it should be easier way to check notes assigned to a project.
Please consider it for the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootoh View Post
That answer is what I really needed though, it should be easier way to check notes assigned to a project.
Please consider it for the next update.
Don't tell me, send email to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com or use the Send Feedback command inside the program. That's the only way to be sure your suggestion or request is seen by the people who can do something about it.

What do you have in mind for an easier way to get at the notes?

A simple clickable note icon under the project name or task would be one possibility. To many hoops to jump through for a feature that could be accessible with one click/touch. This image of Things shows an example of a note icon listed with a task, but I do not know if it is direct link to the note or just an indicator. Would love to see this in OmniFocus.

I'm pretty sure we have a feature request open on some sort of visible note indicator, Oschultz. If you'd like to add your vote to the request, please email the support ninjas and they can file your email in the development database. Thanks!