The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Section List? (Standard v Pro) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm weighing up my purchase option, and I note that OO4 Pro offers "Section List: Get an overview of your outline and quickly switch focus"

I've been on the beta trial for a while, but I can't figure what this actually is. Even when I switch my trial mode between Pro and Standard, I can't see what this feature is.

Can anybody enlighten me?

In order to see the Section List, you'll need to show the Sidebar. Once you have done that, the Section List will show in the top left pane of your document window, and provides a quick reference for your entire outline.

If you haven't modified your Toolbar, the quickest way to see the Sidebar is to click the leftmost icon, which may (if you've turned on labels) be labeled appropriately. Alternatively, select View > Show Sidebar.

Hope that helps!

That was an error on the website that popped up at some point. The section list in available in both versions. It was previously a pro-only feature in v3.

Thanks for clarifying this. I note the website has been updated, and that you've also managed to get rid of the old OO3 screenshots you were still featuring! ;-)