The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

10.5.2 iCal Wonkiness Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just wondering how many people are getting bizarre conflict notifications from iCal/OF? No matter how many times I click on a "resolution", it doesn't seem to stick and I get the same conflict log over and over again. My only solution has been to delete items from both iCal and OF simultaneously and then keep my fingers crossed.

Thoughts?

ps I know it's always risky to update with 3rd party apps (OF is still 1.0 after all) - and I'm sure the OF team is aware...but thought I'd post all the same.

1) Have you checked out this thread? http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=6648
Not sure if it's the same thing you're seeing or not, and whether it might help.

2) Is iCal syncing with anything else too? (.Mac, google calendars, ???)

3) Have you emailed our support ninjas? omnifocus@omnigroup.com

Just a quick note that I ran into the same problem. I've blown out the SyncServices folder -- on first sync, I ran into the sync error dialog for the first time, but after that all seems well and I've only seen repeated conflicts once. Will post again if the problem reoccurs.

I'm syncing OF to iCal, Missing Sync to two Palm devices, and iSync to a cell phone. 10.5.2.

aaaah....what a stressfull day.
OmniFocus started duplicating everything i have....that sync services shit kept popping up..
I deleted every task from iCal, went through all my OF stuff, and reprocessed everything...deleting what was duplicated, removed sync history and tried syncing again.
Still same problem. Then i realised i have "Hide task outside calendar view" checked so i wasn't selecting all tasks when i was syncing them and that caused problems again. So i had to delete everything again...

Now i'm wondering. Is there a hidden feature that would tell OF to be the master of the syncing everytime? I have that feature when i sync with my palm in "The missing sync". I simply check "iCal overwrites handheld device everytime".

Now i would like that for OF, but in different direction, so that OF would overwrite iCal everytime. Could that be done?
I'm syncing to iCal just so i can then sync to palm, and i do a daily review by the end of the day on my mac in OF where i check off everything i've done today - to minimize the stress syncing causes me. No matter which app...something always goes wrong, and this is just the most reliable way.

If there is a console command with a switch (like the one that enables nightly builds) that enables that i would be a very happy man.