The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Change axis scale and location. [Feature added in 1.3] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How can I change the default X axis scale to include more tick marks (i.e range from 1 to 24)?

Also, how can I change the x axis location from the bottom to the middle of the page?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tap the canvas, then bring up the inspector popover by tapping the i in a circle at the upper right. Looks like there are controls for the axes there, judging from the video. With the desktop version, you just drag the axes to where you want them, so that is probably worth trying. Also, if you go to the documents chooser and tap the Omni button at upper right, one of the choices will be the OmniGraphSketcher documentation.

I make few enough graphs that so far I haven't convinced myself I need OGS for both Mac and iPad, otherwise I would have given you more detailed instructions, sorry! I hope this at least gets you pointed toward the answers.

Thanks, I could not find the apps help file without your tip. :P

Was able to increase the end value of the x axis to 24, but their are only 12 tick marks that represent the even number in the range of 0 to 24 (i.e. 2, 4, 6, 8, etc.). Would like the x axis the look like the y axis in the Books sample file provided with the app, the sample y axis goes from 1 to 25 with a tick mark for every integer with in the range.

I've attached an OGS document that has an X axis with running from 0 to 24 with ticks at every integer. Maybe you can use it as your starting point while you wait for someone who actually has the program to come across this thread and tell you how to set the ticks on the iPad version :)

To transfer it to your iPad, unzip the file, then attach it to an email to an account you can read on the iPad. Read the email on the iPad, tap the attachment link, then "Open in OmniGraphSketcher". Or, you can transfer it via iTunes sync, on the Apps tab for the iPad, down at the bottom of the screen.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 24 ticks.zip (13.1 KB, 398 views)

Thanks again. Attachment sync'd over without any conversion issues and the x axis retained all 24 tick marks. I'm beginning to think that the sample files were created a Mac.

I ended up going to my office to create the graph on my Mac with the desktop version of OGS.

Thanks again for your help!

Bill, thanks for your help as always.

Darin, you're right: The iPad app doesn't support editing all of the graph attributes yet (margins and tick spacing are two of the big ones). Getting parity with the Mac app is our biggest priority for the next iPad release; in the meantime I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks Dave. No worries, OGS is still a nice time saver to have in the graphics arsenel.

I couldn't figure out how to move the x-axis from the bottom to the middle of the graph like I can on the desktop version. Is this a coming attraction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darin View Post
I couldn't figure out how to move the x-axis from the bottom to the middle of the graph like I can on the desktop version. Is this a coming attraction?
Oops, forgot to cover this!

If you select an axis and tap the info button, you should get the 'axis style' popover. The segmented control at the very top of this popover controls axis position - to make the axis follow the origin you're looking for the option second from the left.

How about posting the documentation (and sample files) for the iPad apps on the website?

Just installed v1.3 of OGS. Nice job on addressing axis scaling and location! :)