The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Numbers copy/paste bug? [Fixed in 1.3] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi to all

How come when importing a 3column table, 1 text 2 numbers from Apple Numbers app, data is displayed incorrectly, i.e. Instead of placing numbers columns as axis and text as data point labels, I will find the text as the x-axis, the 1st number column as y-axis, and the 2nd number column ignored?

This works fine when copy/pasting same table from QuickOffice.

Tried to change position of columns, text as a header column or not, all to no avail.

In which position is your column of labels? Try moving it to the first or last position (depending on which its in currently).

That doesn't explain why the same operation works in OpenOffice though; would it be possible to post the numbers file here or send it to OmniGraphSketcher@omnigroup.com?

It turns out this is a problem only when the iPad is set with a Region that uses , as a decimal separator. For some reason QuickOffice doesn't change what it puts on the pasteboard based on region, but Numbers does. We'll be fixing this as soon as possible.

I just wanted to post an update and mention that OmniGraphSketcher for iPad 1.3 fixes the problem that Marcus reported - we now are able to correctly import data from Numbers in all locales.