The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Time Display Please? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It would be great to have the option to display the time a task is due in the main window. This would allow a better graphic display of how a given day is organized by time. If this option exists, I cannot find it.

Click the glasses icon to open the view bar. Right click on the column headers to choose "Due Date".

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas View Post
Click the glasses icon to open the view bar. Right click on the column headers to choose "Due Date".
That doesn't show the time, though, does it? Just the date.

it doesn't but that would be a nice feature ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
You may find this thread interesting:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=6256
Ha ha - that's awesome. I'm sure that there are a few other threads that that same response could be put in.

I can't see how the fact it was done badly before means it can't be done properly now? There were several suggestions in that thread about how to improve matters. I don't use times (OG, please sort them out on the iPhone), but can see that if someone does they'd want them visible in the main window.

A properly designed inline view would be able to deal with this issue with no difficulty, but so would a simple option to choose from a full list in the columns menu.

Maybe this is why so many useful features appear to get dumped forever? Try them once, people react badly to the implementation, take it out forever never to be seen again?

I may be completely wrong, but Lizard's response worries me.

It seems like Mail's approach to the date column would be nice in OF. The wider the column, the more information displayed. So if I want to see the time, I just make the column wider.

Curt

I didn't mean to imply that we were totally dismissing this suggestion.
It's a feature request in our database.