The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Quickly toggle between All tasks & Remaining tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Most of the time, my Projects view shows Remaining tasks, with the View bar hidden. That works fine until I want to add a new subtask to a parent task that happens to be hidden because all previous subtasks have been completed. So I need to momentarily show all tasks, add the new subtask, and return to showing just remaining tasks.

That "momentary" change is actually getting tedious:
  1. Reveal the View bar.
  2. Change from Remaining to All.
  3. Add the new subtask.
  4. Change from All to Remaining.
  5. Hide the View bar.
It's actually a bit more than that because I have to move my right hand between keyboard and mouse.

I thought I could use Perspectives to streamline this sequence, but changing perspectives discards my folder selection.

I tried using QuicKeys to do the toggle, but it doesn't see the View bar as buttons/menus (and using raw clicks is problematic).

If the View bar actions appeared in the main menu bar, I could create my desired quick toggle using QuicKeys or Menu Master.