The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Does Omniweb have a find bar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would love that, too. Is it naive of me to think that the site preferences pane is already a big step toward a "find" bar?

To reiterate other users, the idea of a find bar is more practical in my mind because of the potential problem present of the window covering up the results. Safari 3 does finding really well.

I am in agreement - please do the needful and implement a find bar, or perhaps an option for preferred methodology?

++ for find as you type and a finder bar!

for starters, it would be nice if the Find window automatically closed when the Find button was clicked or the Return is pressed to activate the find leaving only the current web page with the Find result hilited. I too find the Find window too big and obtrusive. 9 times out of 10, I manually close it after performing the search just so I can see what it found, and I have a 20" screen!!!

FWIW, I highly recommend installing the Highlighter javascript bookmarklet from the OmniWeb extras web page at omnigroup.com - until a find bar or whatever is implemented, it is a huge improvement over the default OS find method.

The window and command+g is fine to me, my problem is the subtle highlight color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
for starters, it would be nice if the Find window automatically closed when the Find button was clicked or the Return is pressed to activate the find leaving only the current web page with the Find result hilited. I too find the Find window too big and obtrusive. 9 times out of 10, I manually close it after performing the search just so I can see what it found, and I have a 20" screen!!!
The dialog should go away when you hit return. I does here.

+1 to the find bar.

It's ridiculous that we have to have a flipping javascript-based bookmark to get a modern "find" result which highlights a term across the page.

There doesn't appear to be a way to assign a keyboard shortcut to it either.