The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Search shortcut for MacUpdate yields a blank page Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
My OmniWeb Search Shortcut for the search box on the MacUpdate home page used to work. Now all I get is a blank page.

I recreated my shortcut, thinking the MacUpdate search URL might have changed. But that didn't help.

I've inspected the HTML for the MacUpdate home page. I don't see anything to explain why OmniWeb's search doesn't work. I also copied the failing URL and tried it in Firefox, which also gets a blank page.

My best guess is MacUpdate's search.php script is checking the referring URL and rejecting any search that does not originate from its site.

-- Ward