The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Reordering of tasks on iPhone gets lost after sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
The simple story: I reorder tasks on iPhone; I sync; I open desktop OF, it syncs, but the re-ordering is lost; I reopen OF on iPhone, and the subsequent sync erases the re-ordering and pulls down the incorrect ordering from MobileMe.

Detail:

Does reordering on the iPhone not work?

I'm using the latest iPhone release (1.0.2); my desktop version is OmniFocus 1.1 sneakypeek (v77.9.0.103547).

1. I'm on my iPhone OF. I make some changes, check some things off, rearrange the order in a project. I sync--twice.

2. I open OF on my Mac. It asks me if it's OK to reopen the database so it can sync. I say OK.

3. The contents of the current project I'm working in look OK, but the order is wrong. Apparently the re-ordering I did on the iPhone did not copy to MobileMe.

4. I go back to my iPhone and open OF. It auto-syncs. The order is now re-arranged to match my desktop OF (and is wrong).

So do I gather from the above that whatever reordering of tasks you do in a project on the iPhone will get lost?