The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Showing completed actions for set interval? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ethan's video shows a version of OF that allows users to set the amount of time that completed actions stay visibile before they are cleaned up.

Is there any way to do this with the current version? I find it disconcerting that actions disappear immediately but with the filter set on remaining that's what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongjie
Ethan's video shows a version of OF that allows users to set the amount of time that completed actions stay visibile before they are cleaned up.

Is there any way to do this with the current version? I find it disconcerting that actions disappear immediately but with the filter set on remaining that's what happens.
This question has come up before; I agree that the current behavior is disconcerting. I would like actions that are marked complete to remain visible (but struck through and in gray) until I change views or clean up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie
I would like actions that are marked complete to remain visible (but struck through and in gray) until I change views or clean up.
I agree.
It also overcomes the problem of "oops, I did not mean to click that. Now, where did it go?"

I guess that's what undo is for, but still I think I prefer the little bit of leeway that the temporary strike through provides.

You could just create two Perspectives one with completed actions filtered out and jump between them when you want to tidy up.

For me, I am happy to see them go away and stay away.

BZ

I would be happy if they remained (with a strike-through) until the view changed, but I think a variety of options is probably best.

Quote:

This feature was in the earliest alpha versions (including Ethan's), but somewhere it got interested in something else and wandered away.

Ninjas, please find this feature and bring it back!

My problem that this will solve is clicking twice in the same checkbox, not realizing I've just checked off two items.

--Liz

Quote:

I agree! Please bring that back! I would like to be able to set the checked-off items to persist visibly for some period of time, and then to get permanently removed as needed. I can't count the number of times I've tried to move something and accidentally checked it off, and have to undo a bunch of steps because it took me a while to figure out that the item didn't go where I thought I put it, or where I lose the item completely because I don't realize that I checked it off rather than moving it to someplace currently collapsed.

Also, a lot of time, I've stored relevant information, such as a phone number to be called, in an item, and haven't remembered to write that into my permanent records.

This is a huge problem -- please find that feature and bring it back!

--Aimee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee
Also, a lot of time, I've stored relevant information, such as a phone number to be called, in an item, and haven't remembered to write that into my permanent records.
Just to be sure, you can still get at that information by setting the view to show completed actions or all actions. (Not to argue against having completed tasks stick around for awhile, just to help you if you thought you were permanently losing data.)

Curt

Not sure if I'm misreading this but it seems now that ticked off actions don't immediately disappear now with build 89370. I just had some that greyed out with a strikethrough, then disappeared when I "cleaned up."