The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Omit items from critical path? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm working on a plan that has some external time constraints, and I wanted to represent those as milestones and groups of milestones. One of the goals is to complete the project before the last milestone.

Is it possible to set the critical path so that it omits those time constraints? Right now, the latest date in my plan is a milestone out past the end of all the other items, and as a result, it's a one-item critical path.

I can view the real critical path by deleting the external time constraint tasks, but I wonder if there's another way to handle it.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshorter View Post
I'm working on a plan that has some external time constraints, and I wanted to represent those as milestones and groups of milestones. One of the goals is to complete the project before the last milestone.

Is it possible to set the critical path so that it omits those time constraints? Right now, the latest date in my plan is a milestone out past the end of all the other items, and as a result, it's a one-item critical path.

I can view the real critical path by deleting the external time constraint tasks, but I wonder if there's another way to handle it.

Thanks in advance,
Scott
There isn't a way to omit/hide anything from the critical path in OmniPlan. Your method of removing the external time constraint tasks is probably the best way to handle this currently.

We may implement some kind of hiding/omit feature in a later version of OmniPlan, but I don't know how leveling would behave with that feature. I'll make a note of this in our database for you. :-)

i would vote for this feature 0 regularly lie to have external milestones ina group and it messes up ciritical path analysis

Your vote has been added. :-)