The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Req: Eliminate Inspectors Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizPf View Post
But I like drawers anyway.
I also do, but then you a) have to have drawers on all open windows/perspectives and b) if the window is small, you may need to scroll in the drawer. That's clumsy.

If we had a single window interface with 'smart views' or tabs instead of perspectives/multiple windows, I would probably prefer a drawer too.

Last edited by Schlaefer; 2009-03-09 at 06:12 AM..

Oh, and while we're at it: I wish the inspector would open at least on the 'correct' screen (i.e. the main one with the fancy stuff like the menu bar, where aaall the other OF windows are at the exact moment when I hit the Inspector button, the place where I put it a thousand times before).
If you can't enshure for a given environment to open where I left it, put it next to the current window, so I don't have to travel over thousands of empty pixels.
And no, it is not a big thingy, unless you do it every morning or serveral times a day.

</rant end>

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizPf View Post
I like the separate Inspector too, though it adds a bit of desktop clutter.

I would like the Inspector moved into a drawer ... that seems like it would solve many of the problems:
- easy to open/close (mouse pull, toolbar icon, keyboard shortcut)
- stays with the main window
- doesn't interfere with the main list of actions

But I like drawers anyway.
I like the drawers idea. Perhaps something like the Utility Drawer in OmniOutliner. You would need to include a keyboard-shortcut to open/close the drawer. That would work nicely ;)

Last edited by rebunkerjr; 2009-04-11 at 05:33 AM..