The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus for iPad on iOS 4.2 beta broken? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since upgrading to the Beta of iOS 4.2, I am unable to enter my mobileme account details for sync.

The popup 'Secure Website / Log in to "me.com"' dialog with username and password fields appears, but I cant type into it. worked fine under 3.2.2..

Is this just me, or is this something others can reproduce ? I know this is a Beta of iOS, but it would be nice to hear that a solution is coming in some future release...

As iOS4.2 is currently covered by NDA talking about problems in a public forum isn't really feasible without breaking that NDA so at the moment all you can really do is mail the support ninjas and let them know anything you find..

Did a quick merge into the older thread...

Carlos,

Clearly they have issues with sync to Mobileme however you can get it to work... I did.

For your user name - put in your password. When you click sync or save (forgot which) it will prompt you for your password. Paste it into the password field then go to user ID and retype your user name. It will take that and then you can hit login. It will save it and your then good to go!

Hope this helps

All,

For the password issue, just copy it to the clipboard from anywhere and paste it to password field on OmniFocus setup screen...

Hope this helps!

Anyone tried Beta 2 yet? Not planning to install until I know OF is working!

Well, I went ahead and braved beta 2 anyway. Still got the issue with the invisible sidebar items but the app still seems to be working in spite of them.

I think I'll try & live with it for now, as the folders and unified inbox are just too nice to live without..

1.1 is looking fine under 4.2B2 for me at the mo. Nice work guys!

Ditto. The 1.1 release seems to work fine on 4.2 beta 2.

Correct, besides the password problem.