The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ios 5- location based reminders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm sure you have seen the news by now-- location based reminders

I really hope this integrates somehow with omnifocus. It looks very sweet. Any thoughts?

Steve

p.s. link to Ken Case tweet on reminders:

http://twitter.com/kcase/status/77842858387845121

Last edited by steve; 2011-06-06 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: added information

This will sure help me remember to look at my "@Trip Home" context so I can more easily remember the milk on the way home :)

From what I saw in the keynote, this looks like a new way to add a feature we were planning on adding. Always nice when Apple writes code we can use that way - so we don't have to. :-)

Hi Brian,

Do you want email requests for implementation of this to the Ninjas? I'd love proper Location based reminders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffAirey View Post
Hi Brian,

Do you want email requests for implementation of this to the Ninjas? I'd love proper Location based reminders.
That's generally the preferred method round these parts. Sent my vote in last night :)

Update with info from a conversation with Ken earlier today: it sounds like the feature in the reminder app isn't part of the general iOS 5 programming interface. (They'll be shipping an app with a feature we'd done some work on, in other words, but their code doesn't replace any of the code we'll write for our own version of the feature.)

From my conversation with Ken, it sounds like this is moving onto the "will do" list for an upcoming release. I would not read that to mean that more emails to the support ninjas would be a bad idea, though. When in doubt, send us feedback. :-)

Last edited by Brian; 2011-06-13 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: replace a comma with a colon in the first sentence