The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus for iPad on iOS 4.2 beta broken? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Has anyone successfully used OmniFocus for iPad on the latest iOS 4.2 beta? When trying to sync with my OmniFocus for Mac via Wi-Fi, OmniFocus for iPad's password prompt simply does not work: it ignores all keyboard input I give it. Can anyone confirm this behavior? This is OmniFocus 1.0.2 on a 16GB 3G iPad, for whatever's worth.

Thanks much,
-carlos

Worth noting that iOS 4.2 is under NDA for us, so we can't exactly respond — feel free to send any specific bug reports here.
We haven't seen this yet, but OS betas have definitely caused problems for us before!

Thanks for the very quick reply! I wasn't hoping for an official answer, just perhaps an anecdotal "yeah I tried it" from a different user to see if I wasn't messing anything up. I'll file a report.

I'll file a report, as well, but I am definitely seeing the same problem running iOS 4.2 beta. I can't enter the password either via the on screen keyboard or an external bluetooth keyboard.

--> hallm409
I had the same problem. Then I made three times a warm start and then I could enter my password.

In Omnifocus for iPad under iOS 4.2 some user elements are disappeared. For example, empty folders and my own perspectives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermann View Post
In Omnifocus for iPad under iOS 4.2 some user elements are disappeared. For example, empty folders and my own perspectives.
Yep. I can confirm the same thing noticed here too. The links themselves work in the sidebar and the correct folder/perspective is shown but the text itself is missing in the sidebar. Ex below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0064.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	1583  

Ditto on all the above for me... I have noticed that you can paste the password in when syncing instead of typing it... I hope that helps somebody!

S

Folks, just want to remind everyone that, as Brian noted, if you're running iOS 4.2 beta, you're under NDA; as such, the posting of that image is inappropriate, to put it mildly.

Brian, it would probably be wise to delete that image from the forum.

Thanks,
Stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfkeydel View Post
Folks, just want to remind everyone that, as Brian noted, if you're running iOS 4.2 beta, you're under NDA; as such, the posting of that image is inappropriate, to put it mildly.
Oh don't be silly.

That image shows nothing new or specific to iOS4.2, only to the current version of OmniFocus and hence I really don't see a problem with posting it otherwise I would have sent it via a private channel.

The Review list is completely empty.

Maps is also empty.

The pattern seems to be that any item without an arrow or other adornment on the right is empty.