The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Excel export is incomplete Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Edit:: Aug 24,2011 - Solution found!

Please refer to this post for solution: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...00&postcount=4

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a way to export oo3 file with multiple columns to xlsx (MS Excel)

I've installed the script and managed to export it as excel XML. However, when I opened the xml file in excel, the first column was blank. The content of the first column is actually a document / page title with html link (it is shown as html attachment in outliner.

My questions:
  1. Is there a way to stop outliner to parse/convert html links to attachment? I just want plain simple text
  2. How can I quickly seperate label used on the "attachment" from the html links? Is it possible?

Thank you in advance

Last edited by shahW; 2011-08-23 at 06:08 PM..

Anyone has any idea?

Sorry for the trouble! You'll want to email this to our support ninjas - we all browse the forums as we're able to on top of our other duties, but with all the new versions of our apps we shipped to be compatible with the new version of OS X that came out last week, we haven't had very much time to visit the forums lately.

You're going to get a timely response when you contact the ninjas, and you'll also be in touch with an expert in the particular app you're having trouble with. I tend to be more of a generalist - I can answer some questions about all the apps, but I don't know the answer to this one, I'm afraid...

Ok, I figured out a fix for this problem. This might be useful for other folks who need to export omni outliner file as xlsx.

Here are the step-by-step guide:
1. Expand all outlines (go to "View" and select "Expand all")
2. Export as HTML (go to "File" and select "Export")
3. When the dialog box appear, choose "File Format" and select "HTML"). Please note there are two HTML export options; HTML Dynamics AND HTML. Choose the latter
4. Specify folder location (optional)
5. Once exported, look for "index.html" in the folder created by omnioutliner.
6. Drag or open that HTML file in MS Excel.
7. Do a save as .xlsx
8. you're done!

Cheers