The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do you manage multiple projects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Here here. I'll bump up the voting one more time for multiple project support.

On a somewhat related note... is there a separate thread already going for resource reporting? Ideally, we'd have the ability to see what we're spending on those multiple projects (i.e. resource cost reporting for multiple staff members across one or multiple projects).

Thanks Omni! Your apps are excellent.

This is huge, both for myself and the clients I make software recommendations to. So that should qualify for 12-15 votes, right? ;-)

Hi
We are going to buy Copper. Though I would rather much have Omniplan 2.0 but cannot wait for it any longer.

Here is hoping that the dashboard, multi-project ability + a web based version are launched this year. Here is hoping... :-)

I know Omni you are a small company and doing you best so don't take this the wrong way. Keep up the great work.

J

NEED Multi-Project capabilities!Put me on the list.

Can't continue to use or recommend OmniPlan at work until then.
Dashboard would be fantastic.
I'll still use it for personal projects.

MSS
OmniFocus, OmniGraffle, OmniOutliner, OmniPlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwirl View Post
Multi-project dashboard support is being planned for a future version of OmniPlan. As of right now, you'll have to manually open each and every project file to update a specific project.

We're also looking at doing more integration with iCal in the future as well. I'll add another vote to both of these requests in our database for you.

We did create an Applescript that allows you to join two project files together, so you could use this script to import each project file into a master project file and view everything in the master project. Here's the link to the Applescript if you want to try it out:

http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omniplan/extras/

Awesome, just what i need! Consider this one more vote.

Last edited by Macsimice; 2011-03-08 at 04:52 AM..

+1 for multi project! I know you have been busy with iOS, but don't forget us folks!

Does this version support multiple projects?

Nope. Not on one sheet. You must add them as tasks.

That's (still!) a deal breaker. Without the ability to natively and properly manage several projects, it is not possible to call this a serious application for serious work. Too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambi View Post
That's (still!) a deal breaker. Without the ability to natively and properly manage several projects, it is not possible to call this a serious application for serious work. Too bad.
OmniPlan has always supported multiple projects by using separate documents for each project. Could you explain what you're wanting to be able to do that you can't do using multiple documents?