The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Download speed updates excessively fast Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The rapid updating is a known issue--that the cpu usage stays high even when the window is closed may need further investigating if it continues after the rapid updating is resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Release Notes
We now use WebKit for all downloads -- this should help correct incorrect file size / speed reporting in the download window.
In sp10, downloads now have the URLs in the comments, but I'm still getting the same speed issue.

sp10 is working fine for me, download-wise

It's a known bug that the downloads window updates as quickly as we receive discrete progress notifications from WebKit. We do plan to coalesce these updates (as we used to when we were using our own download code) so that we update only once or twice per second, but we haven't done that yet. (When we do, we'll make a specific note of it in the release notes.)

Any idea when we'll see this fixed? OW eats my 1ghz G4 when it's downloading, even with the download manager window closed :(