The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.7 for iPhone is now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I really like the new icon! And, I'm hoping that, if purple is here to stay, that OF 2.0 will adopt this style.

I vote "yuck" on the new icons. The gray background feels dull and unnecessary, the style flat and uninspired. The app icon itself is ok, but is a bit heavy for my liking.

I'm just on a regular old non-iPhone4, but I don't see how simpler, less detailed icons would take advantage of the new screen resolution at all...

Really hoping that there's an option to use the previous icons in an update.

Frankly, if I'd known that the icons looked like this, I wouldn't have updated.... :(

I love the new look, personally.

Love the "inside" new look too, although I must say I actually liked the older app icon better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gersaky View Post
I vote "yuck" on the new icons. The gray background feels dull and unnecessary, the style flat and uninspired. The app icon itself is ok, but is a bit heavy for my liking.

I'm just on a regular old non-iPhone4, but I don't see how simpler, less detailed icons would take advantage of the new screen resolution at all...

Really hoping that there's an option to use the previous icons in an update.

Frankly, if I'd known that the icons looked like this, I wouldn't have updated.... :(
I also don't understand how less detailed "icons" take advantage of the new screen resolution. (And, yes, the gray background is dull and unnecessary.)

Please give us REAL icons -- not just pictograms!

Obviously you can't please everyone, but we're getting far more positive feedback than negative on the new art. We may tweak here and there, but no big changes are likely. Really proud of the work those guys did.

Brian, will OmniFocus 1.8 for Mac get the new icons also? I don't have a strong opinion on the iPhone icons either way, but consistency across the apps would be a big plus.

Another vote on icons. I like the new purple app icon a lot, but tend to agree that the UI icons are a little too similar to each other in low light/low contrast use. I bet a few tweaks could make them pop more without freaking out the people who like the new look and the designers who undoubtedly worked hard on them. This is subtle stuff, and the net tends to favor black/white comments ("hate them/love them"). Chill, gang. You guys are doing a great job overall. Keep up the good work.

I must say I am impressed with the performance. I upgraded my iPhone 3G to iOS 4, and of all the applications I use on a regular basis, OF performs best (and I am counting Apple's native apps like Mail and Calendar).

Great work, Omni folk - I will post of any bugs/odd behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
Brian, will OmniFocus 1.8 for Mac get the new icons also? I don't have a strong opinion on the iPhone icons either way, but consistency across the apps would be a big plus.
I honestly don't know, and the folks I would ask are up to their necks in OmniFocus for iPad work. Added to their context in OmniFocus - I'll post once I've had a chance to find out. :-)