The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Adding notes, details, phone calls Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I did a quick search and can't find how I can add notes.

I'm evaluating Omniplan. I juggle a lot of projects. At any given time, if my boss rocks up at my desk and asks 'how's Project A' going I'd like to be able to see where I've added some reasonably details notes about the outcome of a phonecall, or "waiting on an email reply" or...

How do I do that?

ps: could you also add me to the list voting for the Dashboard for multiple projects. I'm not sure I'll be purchasing until that is implemented.

Thanks,
Herb.

You can store notes about individual resources, tasks, and the project as a whole. Notes for tasks are edited by pressing cmd-' or the Enter key or clicking the little icon to the left of the task that looks like a sheet of paper with a + at the upper right. Notes for resources work similarly. The project as a whole doesn't have a note field, but the project, individual tasks, and individual resources can all have files attached, so you could keep your project notes in an external file that you edit with your favorite editor, but can instantly open from the project plan.

To add your own vote, use Help->Send Feedback. It doesn't matter that you haven't purchased the product yet; if anything, they might be more interested in what you have to say, because you represent potential revenue, unlike those of us who already bought the program! :-)