The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Accepting applications to beta test the Omni Sync Server Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I wonder if one astute person may be able to pull data from the OF file and make a web front end for that data... Would be interesting to see if its feasible.

I know The Hit List uses sqlite3 for task storage, but their app is not nearly as good...

Just a thought.

Email entered.

I would love to get in on this beta. I'm a heavy OmniFocus user...even from back in the kinkless days. I'd love to help test your server idea.

My Macbook Pro, iPhone and occasional Mac Mini all sync together. And soon to be iPad as well.

I was very excited on news that Omni was making their own sync server, but it looks like this is just another flavor of the same WebDAV syncing that OmniFocus is already using, no?

There's an awful lot of potential to add cool new functionality if my OmniFocus data lives in the cloud. A web app, perhaps? Or just faster syncing in general that doesn't require my iPhone to download and analyze the files.

Though on first glance, syncing is very fast. Maybe Omni's sync server really is doing some magic behind the scenes? :D

Additional services beyond the current functionality are certainly possible. The primary goal of this project is to gather information that helps us decide whether this is something we can do on a long-term basis.

Baby steps, in other words. :-)

It is great to hear that Omni offers an official sync option. Are there any advantages over the free SwissDisk at this point, speed, stability etc.?

Count me in. Very curious.

although there are other solutions out there, an out-of-box solution from OF would make it much easier for people to get going.

I would be willing to pay if it offered something more than sync , that's my +1 for a beautiful web-interface :)

I connected up my iMac, macbook pro, iPad (running the iPhone app), and iPhone to the new beta synch service. Seems much faster than using mobile me.

...and slap a web app on top! Seems like a logical next step. Would solve that "for some reason I have to work on a windows machine today" problem.

stoked. bring it!

Good work Omni, your sync server is very fast (and thanks for using SSL)!

I don't suppose you want to disclose your security (who can see what?) and backup details (is there a plan?) at all...?