The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPad Update: Cannot sync with Omni Beta server Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Yesterday I downloaded the latest version of OF for iPad and it broke my link with the Omni Beta server. I've tried to relink and it goes through the motion of fetching the database then: "An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made. Would you like to connect to the server anyway?" However, the only option on this box is "cancel".

It's a good job the iPhone app is still working!

I had exactly the same problem.
It seems that the restart of iPad solved the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn3t View Post
I had exactly the same problem.
It seems that the restart of iPad solved the problem.
Thanks. I was in such a rush this morning I didn't think of that. Instead I grabbed the MacBook Air and left the iPad at home. On the road, it occurred to me to remove and reinstall, but your solution is quicker. I will try it when I get home this evening.

FWIW, rebooting the iPad didn't solve the problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled OF and still could not sync by entering the account details via the web page. In the end I used the share settings facility from one of my Macs and this did the trick. All is now working.

Does your user account have an '@' symbol in it? We had to do some fixing in that neighborhood for 1.3.1 and may have left a little debris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Does your user account have an '@' symbol in it? We had to do some fixing in that neighborhood for 1.3.1 and may have left a little debris.
Yes it does; it's an email address. Is it a good idea to change and start over or is it all fixed now?

Michael
http://www.MacFilos.com

It *should* be fine to stay with your current account name. All the problems have been with configuration, not with day-to-day syncing, so it isn't a risk to your data.