The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New clipping service Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It's great that we are starting to see the mail integration in OF. However, there are a few rough edges as it stands.

1. There seems to be a bug with the MailTag script. If I do not check the due date in MailTag, I get the error, and the project does not carry over. If I check the due date in MailTag, everything works great.

2. I assume since this feature takes advantage of clipping service, I need to highlight the contents within the email message before I can activate this feature. I like Curt's script where I only have to select a message rather than its internal contents. It's just faster and more elegant in my book.

I wonder whether OF can incorporate Curt's script for this feature or whether Curt can modify his script to take advantage of the new features . . .

I assume that Omni's work will eventually supercede what my script does. I'll look into using the new plug-in structure to tie my script more closely to OF. (I'd really like to have the QE window pop up for quickly editing the generated task.) Unfortunately, the new build with the clipping service doesn't launch for me, so it'll take a fix from Omni before I can even look at this.

Curt

Curt,

That sounds great! I do hope Omni improves on this so that it will be easy for people to get stuff into OF.

Thanks!

Seems the mailtags support isn't there yet? I don't get anything other than my due date and context (which it's always picked up from ical)

No link to the message/flag state/project :(

Quote:
For example, if you have MailTags installed, a link to the sender and message will be prepended to the note, the flagged state, due date, and project (if present in OmniFocus) will be copied over. The subject of the mail message will be set as the task title.

The plug-in seems to be working if you have all the fields in MailTag filled (e.g., project, date, and flag), but if one is missing, it doesn't like it and gives you an error message and none of the tags get transferred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
I assume that Omni's work will eventually supercede what my script does.
Curt,
I really don't see that your script can be replaced by an action in the service menu because it cannot be integrated into Rules or executed by Act-On!

Regards,

Mike S.