The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

truncation of data: jott_to_of AppleScript Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been using Curt Clifton's super cool jott_to_of.scpt to move Jott email to OF. Recently I've noticed that ~ the last two characters (one being a sentence period) are being left off (but are in the emails I received from Jott). Happens on text of varying length. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this. Thanks.

Bob

Bob,

Thanks for thinking of me, but that's not one of my scripts. I've never used Jott. I think there's another thread on the forums about that problem though. Might be worth some digging.

Cheers,

Curt

Curt

Whoops! Sorry, you're right. The first line credited you for his/her adapted work.

Bob

I fixed the code and it works now:

set messageEnd to (offset of "Listen" in theContent) - 1 -- Was "3" -Bob.

OK, maybe Jott chagned again. Now this seems to be needed for my system:

set messageEnd to (offset of "Listen" in theContent) + 1 -- Was "3" originally, and then "-1" more recently.