The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

adding hyperlinks to text Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am probably missing something very simple and obvious, but can not seem to find a way to add hypertext links to text.

Can it be done in Graffle or do you have to do it outside and paste the linked text in?

Thanks,
.andy

You can add hypertext links to objects with in the properties-->actions inspector. (see pic)

I believe you'd have to simulate a text link by making a separate object that has the text in the colour you want, etc. and giving that object an action to jump to a url

--Morgan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OmniGraffle Professional-3.jpg
Views:	1469
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	905  

Hyperlink actions can only be applied to objects as a whole, and unfortunately not to a particular string of text. However, if you know your text isn't going to be changing and flowing around much, you can create a shape with no fill and no stroke with the needed action on it, and place it over the text you want.

Or you can do what Joel said ;-)