The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus on iPad Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It is the first app I thought of wanting on my iPad.

BZ

Yes, Omnifocus was exactly the app I had in mind for the iPad. I want to go to meetings with an iPad running Omnifocus and OmniOutliner. My hope was that the iPad could run those apps as regular Mac OS X apps and that a whole new app wasn't needed.

Unfortunately, simply running the iPhone version on an iPad doesn't thrill me. I want exactly the same interface that runs on OS X.

-James

What fraction of the standard OS X price are you willing to pay for it?

I would also love to see an iPad version, and would consider paying $10 to upgrade the iPhone version to iPad (I'm hoping that developers will be able to enable in-app purchases for upgrades to iPad versions for existing app owners). I think $20 is a bit much for people who've already shelled out that much for the iPhone version. But, if it had enough polish and was truly made as a wholly new app, I would consider it.

Personally, I like the iPhone version (especially since 1.6) better than the Mac version. It's more intuitive to me, especially for drilling down into project folders, along with the quick link to get back to the top level.

Look forward to seeing what Omni Group can do with this new platform. I'm sure it will be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia View Post
It is the first app I thought of wanting on my iPad.
Ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
Ditto.
Not ditto, but it was second.

Personally I would prefer OmniPlan (or someone else's good PM software) on the iPad first as there isn't a single decent Project Manager on the iPhone OS platform. Not one.

This is a slice of the iPhone OS market that is absolutely begging to be filled by someone, and especially so on the iPad.

OmniGraffle would be third. Fwiw.

Just saw the $49.95 price of OmniGraffle for the iPad which makes it 50% of the OSX price.

That being said, I don't want a version that is JUST for the iPad, I want a unniversal version (which they can do) that works on both iPad and iPhone.

Please don't double dip on this one OmniGroup.

I get charging for something that doesn't exist (OmniGraphSketcher and OmniGraffle) but re-charging for the iPhone version wouldn't be cool.

BZ

Lots of apps out there, but I don't see OmniFocus yet. Big bummer.

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia View Post
Just saw the $49.95 price of OmniGraffle for the iPad which makes it 50% of the OSX price.

That being said, I don't want a version that is JUST for the iPad, I want a unniversal version (which they can do) that works on both iPad and iPhone.

Please don't double dip on this one OmniGroup.

I get charging for something that doesn't exist (OmniGraphSketcher and OmniGraffle) but re-charging for the iPhone version wouldn't be cool.

BZ
Exactly my thoughts, BZ. OG can easily determine who has purchased both versions and offer this for free, or better yet, do what Agile is doing with their 1Password Pro. Update 1PP to INCLUDE the iPad version (making it universal).

I would easily take the iPhone featureset, but utilizing the full res of the device for now... :)