The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bug Changing Dates in Due Items Perspective Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have an intermittent, but recurring problem when I am in Due Items perspective ... If I have an item that was grouped in "Due within the last week" section and I go in an change the due date to today, the item should move automatically to the "Due today" grouping ... the problem is that this only happens about 20-25% of the time ... i.e. after I make the change to today's date in "Due" column, the item just sits there in the "Due within last week" section ... I've tried hitting the clean-up button to no avail, and switching to project mode and back to context mode in attampt to "refresh" list sorting doesn't help either. Even when I close and relaunch application I still have tasks with a due date of today sitting in the "Due within the last week" list.
Help?

Seconded. I changed an item from Tomorrow to a later date in context mode and it's staying in tomorrow's group. I tried rebuilding the DB, cleaning up, and relaunching the program to no avail. Additionally, in planning mode, some items with no due date are showing up in the "Due Soon" color.

Can you double-check that the project the affected action is in doesn't have a due date associated with it?

OmniFocus will use whichever of the two comes earliest when sorting the project, but we only show the due date attached to the action directly. This has confused a few folks.

If that's what you guys are seeing, let me know and I'll attach your reports to the feature request we have open on actually showing the date we're using to sort alongside/instead of the due date for the action.

if that's not what you're seeing, can you send some screenshots of
  1. the action before you change it in context view
  2. the action after you change it (also in context view)
  3. the project the action is from (in project view)

to the OmniFocus support address? We'll take a look and see if we can figure out what's going on here.