The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Slow loading fixed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just wanted to briefly share a successful fix for the painfully slow loading times that I and others have been experiencing.

Everytime I start OF on the iPhone, it "reloads". This process was taking a minimum of 30 seconds, and atother times up to 5 minutes. As others have commented here, it was effectively making the program unusable for me.

After spending about an hour in the forums and on the support site, I pieced together the following sequence of actions:

1) I made sure that the desktop and iPhone were syncing through MoMe. For me, this involved changing the OF iPhone from a WebDAV connection (which I had initially created by following (I thought) the directions on the OF iPhone setup screen) to a MoMe connection. The only difficulty here was to finally realize that I had to enter my MoMe user name WITHOUT the "@me.com" suffix. Fortunately, that had been pointed out on the forums. On OF iPhone, navigated to the Settings page with the big red "Reset Database" button and left it there.

2) Deleted OF database from iDisk>Documents. It was 780kB in size and contained dozens of individual files. I was an alpha OF user, and I suspect this is the cruft from numerous upgrades.

2) On the desktop, archived completed/dropped items > 30 days old from the database.

3) Rebuilt desktop database (File>Rebuild Database).

4) Synced desktop database to MoMe.

5) Pressed the Big Red Reset Database button in OF iPhone.

My MoMe OF database is now 126kb and contains 3 files. My iPhone OF starts up in 2 seconds. This is the sweet smell of success for me. Hope this summary saves someone else some time.

Last edited by pstalk; 2008-07-31 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: Clarity