The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Buy iPhone version now or wait for iPad version? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Wait, unless you've got an iPhone or iPod touch where you would like to run OF when you don't have the iPad handy.

Oh dear, I might be missing something. I had the same dilemma but bought the iPhone version and using in on iPhone and iPad... Waiting for the iPad version and know it'll be a new purchase but surely I need both anyway. I always have my phone and can add a new action whenever it pops into my head which syncs through MobileMe (I knew one day it would be useful for something).

They both sync great but certainly can't wait for a real iPad version.

I don't know why you wouldn't need both... So... What am I missing?

The OP only has an iPad, not an iPhone. So once the iPad version ships he won't have a need for the iPhone version.

I have both devices and, like you, intend to add the iPad version to my collection as soon as it hits the app store.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4urence View Post
I don't know why you wouldn't need both... So... What am I missing?
Well, if you only had an iPad, no iPhone or iPod touch, there wouldn't be much point in owning the less powerful iPhone app unless you thought you really, really needed some version of OmniFocus on the device today and just couldn't wait any longer.

If anyone out there meets that description, I hope it makes you $20 more productive, uh, soon ;)

I think most people who have both a little iOS gadget and a big iOS gadget will want both apps.