The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Promoting/demoting Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to promote or demote items on the ipad?

On the desktop, I can drag an action into the sidebar and it becomes a project or drag a project into another project and it becomes an action.

Anyway to do that on the ipad?

Tap an action and then tap move; one of the choices will be to turn the action into a project.

Tap a project header in the main view and then tap move; one of the choices will be to convert to an action. After you do that you can assign a new project to file away the action.

Curt

Thanks!

During my review today I realized that one project should really be an action group in another project. How can I do that on the iPad?

Go to the project you want to demote, tap on the project header to bring up the editor, tap the Move button on the Info pane. Select Convert to Action, which will make the project into an Action group in your default single action list, and shift the focus there. Bring up the editor again, clear the project field and put in the name of the desired project.

Thanks. I was afraid to chose Convert to Action because I didn't know if it's children would follow. It'd be nice if it were less steps, but it'll do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malisa View Post
Thanks. I was afraid to chose Convert to Action because I didn't know if it's children would follow. It'd be nice if it were less steps, but it'll do.
How hard is it to make a simple test case to try it out, if in doubt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
How hard is it to make a simple test case to try it out, if in doubt?

Sorry to impose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malisa View Post
Sorry to impose.
Not an imposition — I was making a suggestion for getting an answer faster, and one that will stay with you longer.