The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

how can I keep OmniOutliner in the background when I add clippings? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I add clippings (whilst browsing using Safari) the Outliner window is activated and places itself on top of my browser. How can I have it remain in the background?

Last edited by clamshell; 2008-11-15 at 07:01 AM..

ah! figured it out.. the app will stay in the background if I click by browser window immediately after adding a clipping. thanks.

I think it is even simpler than that. The only time OmniOutliner comes to the front when I use the clipping keyboard shortcut with OmniWeb or Safari is if the application hadn't been open. Otherwise, it stays in the background....

Are you using the latest version? I believe this starting happening with 10.5 and we fixed it in the 3.7 release.