The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Google ads = disable scrolling? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've noticed that my 2-finger scrolling on my trackpad has been wonky with omniweb.

On some sites, I will scroll, then it will stop at a point on a page. Taking my fingers off and trying to scroll doesn't do anything, but I can scroll up. Scrolling back up and then down again stops at the *same exact spot* on the page. I can go up and down several times and it always stops there.

I've narrowed it down to google ads. Try it yourself on engadget.com.

Scrolling in safari on the same page works fine. Is it something in omniweb or something with google ads? or both?

Here's a screen capped movie of it

2.9mb mov http://byu2.com/temp/OmniWebScreenSnapz002.mov

I think this is a bug in the version of WebKit we are using where iframes that don't have scroll bars block scrolling for the rest of the page. You might try moving your mouse to the left or right to avoid the iframe and see if that helps the issue.

So, do you mean with this version of omni, we'll have to move our mouse a little bit whenever we encountered a google ads? That is so un-convienent!

Or, is there a way to get rid of the google ads in omni? (filter out? ad block?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
I think this is a bug in the version of WebKit we are using where iframes that don't have scroll bars block scrolling for the rest of the page. You might try moving your mouse to the left or right to avoid the iframe and see if that helps the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggstone
Or, is there a way to get rid of the google ads in omni? (filter out? ad block?)
Setting up a line with "googlesyndication.com" in your ad blocking preferences should do the trick. In my case, my catch-all (or at least catch-many ;-) ) line "/ad[^dm]" already filters it out, as the URLs for Google ads always contain "/ads?".

It works!
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zottel
Setting up a line with "googlesyndication.com" in your ad blocking preferences should do the trick. In my case, my catch-all (or at least catch-many ;-) ) line "/ad[^dm]" already filters it out, as the URLs for Google ads always contain "/ads?".