The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

can't update to 1.8.2 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm running OS 10.5.8 on a 2GHz Intel Core Duo. No problems with 1.8, but now when I try to upgrade to 1.8.2 it downloads, unzips, asks me what I want to do, and when I click on Quit and Install I get an error message saying "can't upgrade." It doesn't say why, and when I click on report by email, Gmail tells me the URL is too long, so I've never actually seen the message. Nothing in any of the system logs either.

Any ideas? (Is 1.8.2 Snow Leopard-specific? I didn't see anything that said that, but I might have missed it.)

Sorry for the trouble this is causing! There are a couple of things that could be going on here. (Examples: weird permissions on the app/folder it's in, sometimes Hazel or other utilities delete the new version before the installer is done.)

In any case, if you email our support ninjas, we'll be happy to investigate this with you - sorry for the trouble!

I got sidetracked for a while, and when I came back to it just now it upgraded perfectly and instantaneously. Go figure! Thanks for the offer of support, though: you guys are great that way.